St. Raymond’s Festival
Our annual festival (homecoming) will take place on Saturday September 14th and Sunday September 15th, 2013. This is a parish event, this is a family gathering.
Many items are needed to make this event a success:
· Donations of money to offset expenses.
· Donations of prizes for the various children’s booths. You can get items from The Dollar Store, Target, gift cards, etc. All items can be brought to the Rectory at any time.
· Items are needed for the Liquor Wagon and lottery tickets
· Donation of bakery items for the dessert booth and cakes for the cake booth.
· Wrapped candy and gift cards for kids for a children’s basket raffle
· We are having sponsors for the various booths. $250.00 a sponsor. Your name or business will be displayed on a booth for all to see!!!
· Volunteers needed to work on Saturday and Sunday.
· Flyers are available to advertise the Festival if you can put some in various places.
Don’t forget you raffle tickets for the 2013 Ford Focus! Tickets
are $100.00 and only 300 will be sold. Tickets are available after weekend masses, the Wednesday lunches and by calling the rectory at 314-621-0056. Only 50 tickets remaining!!!
Even Pope Francis rides in a Ford Focus!!
Many thanks to those of you who have contributed to the festival. We encourage many more parishioners to participate in donating time, talent and treasure. We are the FAMILY OF ST. RAYMOND’S!
SAVE THE DATE
As was announced last week, our Bishop-elect Abdallah E. Zaidan will be ordained at the Basilica of Our Lady of Lebanon, Harissa, Lebanon on Saturday, September 28, 2013. The ceremony of enthronement will take place here in St. Louis at St. Raymond’s Cathedral on Wednesday October, 23, 2013 at 3:00 pm during a liturgy.
Please mark your calendar, save the dates and more information in detail will be provided for you in the near future.
Msgr. Sharbel Maroun will be planning a trip to Lebanon for the ordination of Bishop elect Abdallah E. Zaidan. The tour will leave on Wednesday September 25, 2013 and will leave Lebanon on Wednesday October 2, 2013. If you are interested in going, please contact Msgr. Sharbel at email@example.com.